go to home page

Norman Cliff's collection - 1945

The Church / Assembly Hall
Picture taken from a low flying B-29 or B-24 by the bombardier navigator thru the plexiglass protection shield at the nose of the plane.
Unfortunately, the entrance of the camp is not visible on the picture but the Jap's watchtower at the right is perfectly identifyable. We can guess the small river flowing eastwards in front of the camp.
This is most probably what Major Staiger and the Duck Team could see from the "Armored-Angel" when searching for the Weihsien Concentration Camp on August 17, 1945 ... sometime around 9:30h in the morning.

... click on the picture (above) for the next view ...

... just after our liberation, a photo of the river, north of the camp boundary ...